Before Listing I will…
1. Have a conversation with you about your real estate needs, thoughts and direction.
2. Do a neighborhood drive-through to have an overview of your area.
3. Schedule a “quick viewing” of your property to prepare a market analysis.
4. Verify tax information regarding square footage, year built, assessed value, and other data.
5. Study the market for the area/neighborhood and complete a comprehensive Comparative Market Analysis to determine fair market value for your home.
6. Provide you, the seller, with all relevant market data regarding price, terms, condition, and marketing.
7. Explain why the first 30 days of marketing are the most effective.
8. Explain why if the four factors of price, terms, condition, and marketing are not competitive, buyers or their agents may eliminate your new listing even before seeing it.
9. Discuss my marketing plan with you.
10. Explain representation options of seller and buyer.
11. Explain all of the documents necessary to list your home.
12. Explain financing options for potential buyers by preparing a finance sheet with approximate figures.
13. Explain your approximate net proceeds from your sale.
14. Explain that when buyers view a group of homes, they are constantly comparing one to another.
15. Tour your home and give you tips on staging your home to sell.
16. Place a keysafe and sign on the property.
17. Explain the steps in selling your house and review sample forms.
18. Explain residential service contracts.
During the Listing Period
19. Enter your new listing in the MLS internet database system.
20. Arrange for Legacy Realtors to tour your home.
21. Prepare a color flyer for mail outs and property viewing.
22. Email “new listing” color flyer to other agents.
23. Prepare a Visual Tour of your property.
24. Link your Visual Tour to my website, to Realtor.com (a national website), Yahoo, Homes.com, and HomeSeekers.
25. Enhance your listing on Realtor.com so that it stands out from others.
26. Make CD’s of your Visual Tour that can be distributed to interested buyers.
27. Prepare a sign-in folder for showing agents.
28. Prepare a “Buyer Information Packet” for prospective buyers.
29. Prepare an ad for Sunday’s Legacy ad.
30. Prepare an ad for Legacy’s ad in the Real Estate Showcase.
31. Review showing appointments and contact showing agents for input.
32. Give you a “seller update” at least weekly to discuss showings, comments, pricing, etc.
33. Plan an Open House.
34. Prepare an ad for the newspaper about the open house.
35. Following the open house with calls or send a thank you to open house attendees.
36. Call agents and/or attendees for their comments.
37. Update you on open house results and recommendation.
38. Preview other homes in this market area or price range for comparison to your property.
39. Update the “Comparative Market Analysis” to include new activity.
40. Hold agent open house/caravan as warranted.
41. Call/contact agents for comments.
When Offers are Made
42. Present all offers received.
43. Explain all terms and conditions of all offers.
44. Discuss the pros and cons of all offers.
45. Prepare an estimated net sheet with all offers,
46. Negotiate all offers in your best interest under your direction.
When Contract Has Been Signed
47. Get receipted copies and distribute to all parties.
48. Record all contract dates for your reference.
49. Coordinate the appraisal appointment.
50. Notify you when the buyer has obtained loan approval and appraisal results.
51. Coordinate inspection appointments.
52. Review, discuss and negotiate all requested repair items with you.
53. Assist in arranging repairs if necessary.
54. Submit all repair bills and necessary documentation to the abstract company prior to closing.
55. Remind you to terminate utilities.
56. Remind you to notify insurance agent of pending closing.
57. Coordinate closing appointment with selling agent, buyer, and you.
58. Review HUD Settlement Statement with you.
59. Arrange to get keys, garage door openers, etc, to deliver to buyer’s agent.
60. Accompany you to closing.
61. Deliver proceeds to you, the seller.
62. Remove sign and keysafe and submit closing information to MLS.